Thursday, April 10, 2014

Tea towels

    I'm always in the look for cute tea towels for my kitchen, you can never have too many tea towels if you ask me!. Sure you can buy them on Etsy but why not make some yourself?. I bought a set of three white towels for $2.99 and already had these fabric markers
First I washed and dried them then I doodle random circles and stuff with the markers. I decided to dyed only one because I wasn't sure how they would turn out, but to tell you the truth the one I dyed is my favorite, for this towel I used Rit dye
1 tsp Scarlet
1/2 tsp Sunshine Orange
1 Quart Water
see how to mix colors here

I see myself dying and printing more towels in the future.

I really enjoy making this project, the best part is that they only cost $1 each. Big bargain! ;) xo. Faby

P.S. I have used and washed the towels and the marker doesn't come out.

10 comments:

  1. How did you get the white part on the dyed towel? also what dye did you use? these turned out so cute! they would be great for gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison, I used Rit dye this formula
      Cayenne
      1 tsp Scarlet
      1/2 tsp Sunshine Orange
      1 Quart Water
      after I dyed the towel I used the white fabric marker

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...