Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Simple leather clutch

Hello friends! Today I want to show you how to make a simple leather envelope clutch.

Making a leather clutch is pretty easy, I only had a small piece of leather I thrifted along with other fabrics for just $3. There is  tons of tutorials on the web and probably you don't need a tutorial to make one. Because is that easy!, but just in case you need one here is how to make it.



Materials:
Leather or vinyl
Button stud
Rotary cutter and cutting mat
Sewing machine, with needle for leather
matching thread


Instructions

1. Cut a rectangle mine was 22"long x 10.5" wide (it really depends what size you want it)
2. Make your template
3.Trace template to your leather and cut


4. Fold leather as shown
5. Sew 1/4" seam allowance

6. Cut a small hole on the flap part of your clutch for the button and make a mark, as shown

 7. Make a little hole, place the stud button and you're DONE!



Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. I love this project, thanks for posting your instructions! I followed your guidelines and made a purse the other day using vinyl instead of leather (I also increased the size a bit), and it came out well. I still need to find the button stud and then I'll be ready to hit the town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome clutch! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...